LC Beatrice is an US multinational supermarket train with
27 stores operating in Xiamen, in China's Fujian Province,
along. After its successful business ventures in Chengdu,
Suzhou and Guangzhou, the company is actively seeking to
open train stores in other Chinese cities.
However, Beatrice's CEO, a Philippine-born American citizen
named Loida Nicolas-Lewis, is exposed yesterday as one of
the key players behind the Filipinos aggressive anti-China
movement over territorial dispute around the Yellow
Rock Islands, which according to a Philippine researcher
should never be an issue since historical evidences show
the region has always been part of Chinese fishermen's traditional
What Chinese Say
- LC Beatrice is an exploitative company that bullies Chinese
workers. According to some local staff members, during the
interview they were promised that after three night shifts
they would be offered a day break, but later on, they only
get a break after four night shifts.
- All Chinese with conscience and dignity should boycott
- LC Beatrice, get out of China.
- There are a lot of fake products found in Beatrice stores.
- Should it be the time for China's Commerce and Health
authorities to get involved?