When Chongqing Daily, the mouthpiece of the new Chongqing
administration led by vice premier Zhang, published an article
claiming that the 30 million Chongqing
residents all support the central government's decision
against former Chongqing chief Bo Xilai, the online Chongqing
community explode with anger. The following are few screenshots
of their fuming cyber expression:
- Have you been bitten by a dog today?
- Chongqing Daily is a dog who makes
lies and represents you without your consent.
These are the links to the forum threads at a Chongqing
- Chongqing Daily, sham on you!
- Chongqing Daily, you will be condemned
for ten thousands of years by 1.3 billion Chinese people.
- Why the
bad guys always get an upper hand over the good
- Just a few days with a new master,
this dog has already forgot its old master.
- Chongqing Daily, you are not on
the position to represent anyone.
- Chongqing residents have renamed
Liberation Monument to Xilai Monument.
- Why the government has to force
us to support your decision
on Bo Xilai? What are you so scared of?
- I warn the chief of Chongqing Daily,
- Someone is extremely powerful,
but being looked down by the people. Someone has lost his
freedom, but his name will shine in history.
- The conscience and dignity of this
country are dead now.
- This government is so ingenuous
that it blames a man died 36 years ago [Mao Zedong] for the problems
we have today, and silenced a man [Bo Xilai] first then
claims it won the argument.
- According to the law, a man is
innocent until proven guilty. Now the government pronounced
Bo Xilai to be guilty of a crime without trial, should the
government be charged of this unlawful
- It must be the biggest joke of
the 21st century when they say 30 million Chongqing residents
all support the government's decision against Bo Xilai.
- Bo Xilai is a real bloke. If you
never experienced Cultural Revolution, now you have a chance
to get a taste of it.
- I refuse to be represented.
- All 30 million residents? Wait,
who allowed you to represent me? I reserve my right to sue
the Chongqing Daily for insulting my "independent personality"
Wen claimed at a news conference that he has an "independent
personality" which is the reason why he is not understood
by Chinese people.]
- They are just a pack of thugs.
- These Chongqing Daily jerks are
just like Falun Gong idiots, full of shit.
- When the sun comes out again, we'll
put the chief of the Chongqing Daily on trial.
- Why those in the power have to
stand against the people?
- Yesterday I surveyed four people
about the charge against Bo Xilai. One guy who I never met
before said that this is a conspiracy. A relative who spent
a lot of time discussing politics with retired told me that
majority of the retired officials support Bo Xilai and oppose
government move. A friend of mine has a relative working
at the Commerce Ministry [Bo was the the minister between
2004 and 2007] who praised Bo as a wonderful leader. Finally
it is my relative from America. He said he heard the rumours
in the middle of last year in America that some guys wanted
to bring Bo Xilai down.
- Down with that treacherous premier!
- Premier Wen said the Cultural Revolution
could return. He's right, now we are in the middle of it.
[Congratute to Premier
Wen Jiabao for having successfully initiated the second